Sunday, January 12, 2014

What's in my warmer: 1/12/14

The problem with having wax warmers in every room, is that I always have more than one scent melting throughout the house. Sometimes the scents mix well and other times one tart will over power another. I should of been careful in picking the scents that are currently melting. 

In the 24-watt warmer in the living room I have one cube from the better homes and gardens clamshell in 
I fell in love with the scent on cold sniff, and it is beyond amazing warmed. The throw of just one cube filled two rooms and crept up into my bedroom. The only problem is that this clamshell was a winter only scent and as every winter BHG clamshell it was marked down to .50 cents. I did grab the last four or five in the store to hold me off until next winter. Hopefully BHG bring this scent back. 

I usually can not stand spicy scents for long periods of time, but this one is different. Upon melting the first note you get is a light cinnamon almost coffee cake like, a few minutes into the wax pool the background 'cakey' notes comes into action. All together it is a cozy blend of a sweet vanilla cake and aged spiced liqueur. One cube is going strong at about six hours now. I would give this wax a 5 out 5 stars because it has a strong throw and the blend is just fantastic. 

The other scent that is melting in my bedroom's 17-watt warmer is one whole grubby tart from Front Porch in 
Strawberry Marshmallow Cotton Candy. 

I usually melt all my soy wax or FP in my 17-watt so the scent lasts longer. I love the oil FP usues for their strawberries because it smells juicy and true to the fruit. The top note you do get is in fact the strawberry and once the grubby completely melted the sweet mallow toned down the fruity note and just in time for the cotton candy to jump in and turned the entire bedroom into a girly candy land. I trew the tart in as soon as I woke up and it only took about 12 or so minutes to melt and I did get to enjoy it for about a hour or so until the spiced rum cake wax from downstairs started to mix with the sweet notes in the bedroom so I did end up turning it off. I will continue to enjoy this scent throughout the evening but I am giving this a 4 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment