Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Trashy Tuesday: Face Empties Edition

I'll try to do some sort of empties weekly or bi-weekly of certain products, wax, or scents I have used up. Today I will focus on some face (mostly skincare) items.


1. Tea Tree Water (Toner) from LUSH Cosmetics - This was the 3.3 fl. oz which costs $9.95. At first I loved this product and thought it was going to be one of my holy grail staples in my skincare, and even though I have since replaced the smaller bottle for a bigger size. I find that this toner doesn't do much for my skin. The smell of tea tree was off putting at first but I am used to it. I wouldn't spurge for this item again, but if you're in the market for vegan skincare I would check LUSH out. This product is a C in my book, it does refresh my skin but it does not help with problem acne.

Link to the toner

2. Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finishing Spray (Oily Skin formula) purchased from Amazon - I adore this product, I usually find myself using it more during the summer months. I own both the original and the oily skin formulas I switch between depending on what my skin needs. It does keep my oils at bay and does set my makeup. The 8 fl. oz. bottle does last quite a while and is a better bang for your buck if you find it on Amazon. On the Skindinavia website the bigger bottle will run about $39 and Amazon it'll run you $30 or so. This will always be an A+, as long as a better cheaper product comes out in the market.

Amazon
Skindinavia

3. LUSH Vanishing Cream - Now I have a problem with this moisturizer. It claims to help for acne and oily skin having rose, lavender and witch hazel as the main ingredients. It is however a nice lightweight cream for day use or for hot summer days. It did not help with any of the problems it said it would. and for about $43 for a 1.5 oz container is ridiculous. I will still link the product if you'll like to know more, but for me this product was a huge F.

Vanishing Cream Page

4. LUSH Cosmetic Warrior - LUSH for me is a hit or miss, and this mask was a hit! The ingredients do include fresh garlic, tea tree oil, kaolin, fresh grapes, honey and free ranged eggs (weird I know). The masks do have a short shelf life but they are freshly made without chemicals, so I would understand why. Now, if you can get past the scent of this (and random chunks of ingredients) you'll be in for a surprise. My skin felt soft and nicely tight, it wasn't dry at all. The masks will run about $7, which isn't bad considering some masks in drugstores are .5 fl oz. for $2-$4, and this container holds 2.1 oz. I  love LUSH's face masks and I will continue to purchase and try the rest in the line. This mask will be a B+ because you could only buy the masks in store.

Fresh Face Masks in the line

5. Both Urban Decay Makeup Setting Sprays ( left: All Nighter right: Oil-Control) - As I said for #2. I love this setting spray, the formula is the same for both the Urban Decay and the Skindinavia. I can't give you the amount I paid for these because these were samples.

6. Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover - I was so-so about this makeup remover mostly because it is less than 5 fl. oz. and usually costs $10-$11. I am currently testing out a few other removers, and in doing so it changed my mind about this one. Turns out I really do like this remover for eyes and lip makeup. It isn't greasy and it does moisturize the area it is placed. It is going to be a staple in removing makeup for now on, and I wouldn't mind the $10 bucks when other removers run over $20 easily. This remover is a A-.

  Sonia Kashuk is found at Target

7. Facial Clay Mask (Mint & Lemon) - You know those random midnight and later trips to a local 24 hour Walmart, well this and the next product were a result of one. I thought "hmm, maybe these would be awesome!", and later I realized they are just plain ol' masks and shouldn't cost $3-$5 each. The company Freeman Feeling Beautiful make some of the same packet masks in tubes which contain WAY more than a stinking packet for about the same price. Maybe it's a nice way of not having to commit but who doesn't like to feel pampered, so if I would of seen the tubes instead of the packet I would of picked that instead. Because this mint and lemon mask did feel nice on the skin, made my face/neck feel soft and plump. I do enjoy clay masks and the scent of this one wasn't awful so its a B+ for the mint and lemon.

8. Facial Hydrating Paper Mask (Blue Agave) - As for this mask, I didn't fully realize that it was in a fact a full face mask. Not half and half, more like you better fit it right the first time. The eye holes sucked, they covered the ends of my eyes and the mask was uncomfortable. The product was stuck in the packet so you are literally left with a hardly and "Blue Agave" mixture and an awkward looking paper face. The paper masks in the Freeman Feeling Beautiful line are pricier than the normal clay mask and are only one use. So this was a F.

9. LUSH Grease Lightning - Now this little sucker that is 1.5 fl. oz. was a miss for me. I was told at the Lush store that it could be used as a treatment for my problem skin, and I did after the toner. At first my skin was breaking out and I thought maybe my skin is pushing out all the bad yucky stuff. Then when over a month passed and my face was worst than ever I switched face wash thinking that was the problem. Upon finishing the bottle and not being able to make it back to the store I continue without this. Slowly but surely my breakouts were disappearing. So I gave this a big fat F for fail. The little bottle used to cost $12.95 but looking into the site it is now $13.95. This could be a hit or a miss depending on how you skin will take it.

Grease Lightning product page


No comments:

Post a Comment